Scroll down to the download link for a brochure giving full information about Sleep-Safe Anti-Suffocation Epilepsy Pillows. Also, there are brief professional profiles of Don and Chris Alderton – Pharmacist and Health Visitor – who invented the Sleep-Safe Pillow.
- Respiratory disease (disease of the airways or lungs) is the main cause of death in people with learning disabilities.
- About 1 in 3 people with learning disabilities has epilepsy and it’s one of the most common reasons for avoidable hospital admissions.
- Socioeconomic variation in incidence of epilepsy
- HES On...Epilepsy
- National Audit of Seizure management in Hospitals
- People with learning disabilities who have epilepsy are less likely to have good seizure control.
If you wish, please share this link with your colleagues and with anyone who is affected by epilepsy.
Brochure for Community Learning Disability Teams